Use charity badges, facebook causes, and myspace widgets to help refer new members during March membership Madness!
Charity badges are a new tool from Network for Good that allow you to gain supporters and donors for your favorite non-profit. The badges track how many people used your link to donate and how much you have helped raise for wildlife and wild places!
For March Membership Madness, you can create a badge to post to your website, blog or myspace page, or email to friends. (Or use our pre-made badge). While we will track donations as they come in as well, at the end of the month you can send a list of all your donors (easily printed from the badge website) to email@example.com and we'll be sure you receive your raffle entries.
Create your own charity badge:
- Visit Network for Good
- Under Register to Build a Badge, enter your info
- Click Get Started
- Choose a badge type (SixDegrees is a good one)
- In the field marked Why my cause is important to me, tell the world why you support our work to protect and connect wildlife and wild places
- Optional. Upload an image that you would like to represent your passion for wildlife. You are welcome to use an image from our website. You can also upload video, like our grizzly video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDDh1j0koRo&eurl=http://www.conservationnw.org/wildlife-habitat/send-a-message-for-bears/
- Click Continue
- Enter "Conservation NW" under Charity Name and Washington under State, and click Search
- Under Search Results, click the green Add button next to Conservation Northwest's listing
- Click Continue (at bottom of page)
- The badge will be previewed on the right half of the page. Check the I agree... box and then Start using my charity badge.
- On the next page, you will find instructions and all the code you need to add the badge to your website, myspace pages, and emails.
If you don't want to make your own badge, you can use a pre-made one. Please note that anyone who makes a donation through this badge will need to list you as the referrer for you to receive raffle entries via March Membership Madness.
Email. Email the following link to your friends. http://www.networkforgood.org/pca/Badge.aspx?BadgeId=110880
Web pages. Copy and paste the following code (between the quotes) into a webpage or a custom HTML field in your blog or other social networking site:
" <object id='application' classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0' codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" data="http://www.networkforgood.org/PCA/Badge.swf?BadgeId=110880" width="160" height="475" id="myCharityBadge"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.networkforgood.org/PCA/Badge.swf?BadgeId=110880" /> <embed src="http://www.networkforgood.org/PCA/Badge.swf?BadgeId=110880" quality="high" width="159" height="475" name="myMovie" Align="" vspace="0" hspace="0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed> </object>"
MySpace. Copy and paste the following code (between the quotes) into the profile editor section of your MySpace page
"<div style="z-index:0;"><embed src="http://www.networkforgood.org/PCA/MySpaceBadge.swf?BadgeId=110880" quality="high" wmode="opaque" width="159" height="450" name="myMovie" Align="" vspace="0" hspace="0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed> </div><div style=" position:relative; top: -140px; left:39; width: 80px; height:41px; z-index:1;"><a href="https://www.networkforgood.org/donate/MakeDonation2.aspx?ORGID2=943091547&PcaItemId=14893&SOURCE=SIXDEG&CMPGN=SCB" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.networkforgood.org/images/CharityBadge/transparent.gif" border="0" width="80" height="40"/></a></div><div style=" position:relative; top: -135px; left:33; width: 80px; height:41px; z-index:1;"><a href=http://www.sixdegrees.org target="_blank"><img src="http://www.networkforgood.org/images/CharityBadge/transparent.gif" border="0" width="95" height="30"/></a></div>"
Here is how that badge will look on your site: