The latest press releases and press clippings from Conservation Northwest
"Keeping the Northwest wild" since 1989, Conservation Northwest champions iconic wildlife and protects, connects and restores old-growth forests and other wildlands from the Washington Coast to the British Columbia Rockies for the benefit of people and wildlife.
Conservation Northwest represents over 4,000 dues-paying members in Washington, British Columbia and beyond. Our conservation community also includes over ten thousand activists, supporters and online followers. With two main offices in Bellingham and Seattle, the organization's staff and contractors work across Washington state and southern British Columbia.
Recent Press Releases
Dec 02, 2016
Release marks the return of a native species after an absence of about 75 yearsRelease marks the return of a native species after an absence of about 75 years
Sep 07, 2016
Feds Failed to Protect Key Habitat in Colorado, The court ruled the Service did not improperly fail to designate historical Canada lynx habitat in Oregon and Washington’s Kettle Range, disappointing wildlife advocates.Feds Failed to Protect Key Habitat in Colorado, The court ruled the Service did not improperly fail to designate historical Canada lynx habitat in Oregon and Washington’s Kettle Range, disappointing wildlife advocates.
Recent Press Clips
Nov 25, 2016Crosscut
- How did a cougar wind up on Vashon Island? It swam. Presumably it crossed the cold salt water of Colvos Passage, paddling a mile or so east from the Kitsap Peninsula.
Nov 19, 2016The Columbian
- State Department of Fish and Wildlife officer Roman Varyvoda discovered the elk with the help of the hunters on a hillside between Coleman and Schnebly canyons about 9 miles from Ellensburg.
Nov 19, 2016The Spokesman Review
- A sportmen’s group and a conservation group are offering $4,000 in rewards for information that helps convict the perpetrators of a shooting slaughter that killed at least five cow elk and perhaps wounded more near Ellensburg on Nov. 6.
Nov 16, 2016KING5 News
- Wildlife cameras near Mount Rainier caught a rare carnivore, recently re-introduced to Washington.
Nov 17, 2016KREM2 News
- State wildlife officers are investigating after five elk were found shot and killed north of Ellensburg.
Nov 17, 2016Q13 Fox News
- ELLENSBURG, Wash. — State wildlife officers are investigating after five elk were found shot and killed north of Ellensburg.