Mountain Caribou Project
Canadians and American conservation groups together form the Mountain Caribou Project, with the goal of protecting mountain caribou and their Inland Temperate Rainforest home.
Canadians and Americans are working together for the survival of mountain caribou (called woodland caribou in the U.S.) and their inland temperate rainforest. That hard work helped bring about a recently legislated government recovery plan for caribou.
For more information, please go to Mountain Caribou Project's website, www.mountaincaribou.ca.
More on mountain (or woodland) caribou
Project partners include:
- Conservation Northwest
- Wildsight (formerly East Kootenay Environmental Society)
- Applied Ecological Stewardship Council of BC
- Fraser Headwater Alliance
- The Lands Council
- Quesnel River Watershed Alliance
- Western Canada Wilderness Committee
- Sierra Club BC
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS)