Wolverines in the newsUp one level
Latest press on Washington's wolverines
- Wolverines might be making a comeback
- “With the camera techniques, we know there are three or four times more wolverines than have been detected by trapping alone. There are a lot more wolverines than we thought,” [wildlife biologist Keith] Aubrey said, but still fewer than 25 in the North Cascades.
- Wolverines threatened by climate change
- A coalition of ten conservation groups, including Conservation Northwest, concerned by what they see as government corruption of science and failure to acknowledge the serious threat of climate change, have filed a lawsuit today in the U.S. District Court against the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) for its failure to protect wolverines under the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
- Mar 18, 2008: Dire Straits for Wolverine?
- US Fish and Wildlife officials declare that they will not use the Endangered Species Act to protect the rare wolverine.